Some of the measures recommended by the Mental Health Advisory Committee have been funded in 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 and are being implemented.
- the creation of Suicide prevention liaison workers’ positions;
- the creation of a regional permanent committee to coordinate actions on suicide prevention;
- the training of additional Inuit trainers for Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST);
- the strengthening of the programming and clinical interventions in the mental health’s residential resources;
- the creation of mental health teams in each health centre.