Some of the measures recommended by the Addictions Advisory Committee have been funded since 2013-2014 and are being implemented.
- the creation of a FASD coordinator position in each health centre;
- the creation of a regional permanent committee to coordinate actions on FASD;
- the creation of community-based positions to provide direct support to families dealing with FASD and raise public awareness;
- the training of first line interveners on the identification of substance abuse problems and brief intervention techniques;
- the deployment of the Integrated Services in Perinatality and Early Childhood/ Services Intégrés en Périnatalité et Petite Enfance (ISPEc/SIPPE).